Making software developers familiar with key competences and upcoming key technologies for building and maintaining secure and resilient IT Systems.
Many tasks and operations are backed by software nowadays. Indeed, software development has become a supporting pillar in modern information societies. However, the fast-paced advances as well as the complexity of systems consisting of many different components, devices and sub-systems, makes it difficult – even for experienced users –to keep up with the latest developments. The rising complexity is not only a personal challenge but also makes the systems more error-prone and vulnerable. Consequently, there is a demand for experts willing to acquire knowledge about the latest technologies for setting up secure, stable and fully functional IT-Systems.
The Beyond Coding training programme is directed at experienced software developers. It aims to prepare them for upcoming challenges and offers a look beyond the current state of technology. The training highlights important topics that usually get short shrift in other courses or higher education and focuses on technologies that are on the verge of gaining great relevance in the next years. Overall, Beyond Coding is an online training that uses modern methods of teaching and learning, that evolves with the participants and their needs and that can be easily integrated into one’s working schedule.
The main aim of the Beyond Coding course is to provide knowledge about future key technologies, strengthen the ability to assess their usefulness and teach ways to build complex software systems that meet high standards of efficiency and security in the long run.
After having finished the course participants should be able:
- To better understand upcoming key technologies and assess their impact on software development.
- To operate and maintain complex software architectures.
- To devise error-resistant software development life cycles for companies and to bring them in line with existing software systems.
- To differentiate between sense and nonsense regarding trends in software development.
- To understand concepts of software-resilience and apply them successfully.
- To understand the necessity of collaboration when setting up and operating resilient software systems.
- To act as teachers and pass on their newly acquired know-how to colleagues.
The Beyond Coding training programme builds on modern didactical concepts and uses innovative technical solutions for knowledge transfer (e.g., adaptive video material, interactive training sessions, virtual rooms). In contrast to many courses offered by higher education institutes or by private providers, Beyond Coding pays more attention to present and future key technologies and the ways in which they can foster or impede the resilience of software systems. The training is very broad in its focus but strongly rooted in practical relevance and applicability. The topics are prepared in streamlined manner to minimize trial and error and the need for additional enquiries.
Since Beyond Coding is an online training programme enabling interactive collaboration, round-table discussion and hands-on experience, it can be playground for new ideas and for experimentation. With the tools used for teaching it is possible to accomplish both distance learning as well as creating a relaxing and inspiring atmosphere where personal interaction is encouraged. Despite being an online course, Beyond Coding uses software tools for bridging the physical distance between its participants and providing a virtual playground to learn from one another.
Beyond Coding is more than another online training that introduces new technologies. It expands on conventional educational courses with regard to the methods it uses and the contents it teaches. The participants of the programme not only learn about new key technologies, they are also trained to apply them in practise. Great emphasis is placed on communication between the participants and on strengthening their ability to pass on what they have learned. Thus, knowledge about new key technologies is also spread among people not attending the course.
You want to know more? Feel free to ask!
Institute of IT Security Research
Head of Josef Ressel Center for Blockchain-Technologies and Security management
Department of Computer Science and Security
- SBA Research gemeinnützige GmbH (consortium leader)
- JKU – Johannes Kepler University Linz, Institut für Wirtschaftsinformatik, Software Engineering
- VertretungsNetz -Erwachsenenvertretung, Patientenanwaltschaft, Bewohnervertretung
- STIWA Automation GmbH
- CP Immo Solutions GmbH
- Xylem- Science and Technology Management GmBH
- Commend International GmbH
- Jakob Tschulik
- Ing. Jan Thomasberger
- NOVOMATIC AG
- LieberLieber Software GmbH
- Meisterlabs Software GmbH
- OBJENTIS Software Integration GmbH
- youngix Identity AG
- JAAS GmbH
- Fox Education Services GmbH
- QuickSpeech GmbH
- Imnop group GmbH
- D3EIF GmBH
- Vendevio GmBH
- Fabasoft R&D GmbH