Analysing ORF programmes and comparing them to international products.
The project addresses the question of what expectations the target group (14 to 25) has of a publicly-funded television service. The following questions are addressed:
How is the target group using media in general and television in particular?
How does the target group perceive the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation (ORF); what image does it have?
How important are certain programmes to the target group?
-To this end, the following approaches are taken: Analysis of 2 weeks of ORF programme regarding the offers for the target group and tracking of envronmental aspects.
- Telephone interviews with 250 young people in Austria regarding their expectations, their media usage and the image of public television.
- Benchmark analysis with the USA, Switzerland and Germany, including both metadata on public service broadcasting and the results of a survey on expectations and use of public service television.
- Prof. Dr. Tibor Kliment
- Rheinische Fachhochschule Köln, Studiengang Medienwirtschaft
- Prof. Dr. Vincent Wyss, Zürcher Hochschule Winterthur
- Prof. Ken Killebrew, School of Mass Communication, University of South Florida