Mobile higher education STEM field orientation with a STEAM approach
The aim of the project is to promote the development of skills and employability, and to modernize and improve the quality of education, training and youth work. Target groups are teachers and students at universities.
The project works out a methodology, including application of practice oriented creative tools to support STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) promotion. During the project each partner defines its current good practice, which is further developed using the „STEAM approach”.
The STEAM approach incorporates interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral aspects into the teaching and learning of STEM subjects. This encourages the inclusion of transversal skills, digital competencies, critical thinking and problem-solving, management, and entrepreneurial skills into education.
Main activities are
- Analysis of the current STEM approach; data collection & survey
- Further development of innovative tools by STEAM
- Piloting and promotion of the developed products
- Education, training, learning activities
- Joint training for teachers and staff
- Involvement of students into the programs
- Presentation of results to actors outside the project
The project result are innovative products and dissemination undertaken by exploitation of existing STEM approach using innovative ideas and good practices.
The specific outcomes are:
- Existing good practice summary report,
- Creative methodology handbook for STEM promotion and its know-how,
- Case-study including experiences of multiplication,
- White Book Proposal for international dissemination.
- Szechenyi Istvan University, Győr (Lead)
- University of Miskolc
- University of Maribor