Developing a concept for rail system in Krems
In the project a concept for a city rail system in Krems is developed. Different design alternatives are presented and compared. The focus is on the use of the existing infrastructure.
The researchers of St. Pölten UAS carry out the following activities:
- Analysing the existing infrastructure and potential passenger volume
- Developing a timetable and operating concept and integrating the system into the existing timetable
- Determinating vehicle requirements and defining a vehicle strategy for the planned transport services
- Developing marketing strategies including a tariff system
- Implementing economic considerations for the realization of the rail system based on life cycle calculations and life cycle assessment considerations